This is the page for our current range of bass guitars. All short scale (30″) 3 and 4 string bass guitars and developed in conjunction with our BO range of Blues Plank guitars. Consequently they are also light weight, resonant and responsive.
- “This is the funkiest bass guitar I have ever played! It has a pop and snap to the tone that is very hard to get from a bass, and the bass itself is the lightest and easiest to play bass I have ever played. The P bass pickup sounds powerful, but really clean and clear.” Justin Johnson (USA) – Blues Plank BO3 bass
- “Just thought I’d write a brief note to say almost a year on I’m still loving the Thunder Rook bass you built. It’s been going strong, played in numerous local Brisbane bands. I love the look, feel and playability and it certainly draws a lot of positive comments and have steered quite a few people to your Facebook page. I have many high end instruments and I keep coming back to this as it just feels right. The Nordstrand pickup also sounds amazing. Very very happy!” Paul Rickert (Aus) — Thunder Rook bass
Specifications and options:
- Neck: Mountain Ash neck with Sheoak fretboard and medium jumbo frets. Bone nut. Carbon fiber truss rod. Adjustable 2 way truss rod on the Thunder Rook and optional on the BO4.
- Scale: 30″
- Body Single piece New Zealand Pine. Ash body optional ($25 extra)
- Pickups: P bass type pickup on BO3 and BO4 with optional soapbar pickup. Nordstrand soapbar on the Thunder Rook.
- Electrics: Volume only on BO3 and BO4 (extras optional). Volume and tone on Thunder Rook.
- Hardware: Gotoh tuners, single saddle bridges.
- Price for BO3: $600
- Price for BO4: $750
- Price for Thunder Rook: $950
More video demos can be seen on our Youtube channel. Click the Youtube icon in the footer below.
Contact us to inquire about a version of this guitar: