This is the page for our current range of bass guitars. All short scale (30″) 3 and 4 string bass guitars and developed in conjunction with our BO range of Blues Plank guitars. Consequently they are also light weight, resonant and responsive.
Use the currency converter at the left or at the bottom to convert from Australian dollars to your currency.
- “This is the funkiest bass guitar I have ever played! It has a pop and snap to the tone that is very hard to get from a bass, and the bass itself is the lightest and easiest to play bass I have ever played. The P bass pickup sounds powerful, but really clean and clear.” Justin Johnson (USA) – Blues Plank BO3 bass
- “Just thought I’d write a brief note to say almost a year on I’m still loving the Thunder Rook bass you built. It’s been going strong, played in numerous local Brisbane bands. I love the look, feel and playability and it certainly draws a lot of positive comments and have steered quite a few people to your Facebook page. I have many high end instruments and I keep coming back to this as it just feels right. The Nordstrand pickup also sounds amazing. Very very happy!” Paul Rickert (Aus) — Thunder Rook bass
Specifications and options:
- Neck: Mountain Ash neck with Sheoak fretboard and medium jumbo frets. Bone nut. Carbon fiber truss rod. Adjustable 2 way truss rod on the Thunder Rook and optional on the BO4.
- Scale: 30″
- Body Single piece New Zealand Pine. Ash body optional ($25 AUD extra)
- Pickups: P bass type pickup on BO3 and BO4 with optional soapbar pickup. Nordstrand soapbar on the Thunder Rook.
- Electrics: Volume only on BO3 and BO4 (extras optional). Volume and tone on Thunder Rook.
- Hardware: Gotoh tuners, single saddle bridges.
- Price for BO3: $600 AUD (approx $463 USD)
- Price for BO4: $750 AUD (approx $578 USD)
- Price for Thunder Rook: $950 AUD (approx $732 USD)
More video demos can be seen on our Youtube channel. Click the Youtube icon in the footer below.
Contact us to inquire about a version of this guitar: